Thursday, June 24, 2010

I know now...

I know now what it is to hold you in my arms. Your birth is my very own rebirth. When you first opened your eyes, I saw with my heart and soul for the very first time. The eyes of my heart and soul have been closed all my life; I never knew this until you came along. Now that you are here, I can truly see.  The world has more color, more meaning, more value and more worth because you are in it. You are mine. Is this real ? Someone pinch me ! How is it possible that I, a mere man/woman, have contributed to such a beautiful child ? I have loved you since long ago. I only hope that you love me back. I cannot promise that I will not make mistakes as I go along but I will promise to do my best to care for you, love you and keep you safe. What a journey we are going to have.

Will you learn with me, laugh with me, cry with me and explore life with me ? Will you allow me to teach you about love, fear, courage, failures, joy and God ? I have so much to share with you; I do not know where to begin. I hope I meet your expectations because you exceed mine. What an angel you are; truly heaven-sent. Tell me what you know, tell me what you feel; tell me secrets no one else knows.  You must know things about life's mysteries; you came from a glorious place. Tell me now before you forget, tell me before this world tries to corrupt you. What is it to be pure and to be without stain ? ; I cannot remember.  My baby, I love you. I just want to hold you forever. I promise to do my best to teach you the truth; will you embrace it ?  I know now what it is to love...
by: Xela

"For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be." ~~ Psalm 139:13-16

Lyrics to "The Sweetest Gift" by Sade:

Quietly while you were asleep

The moon and I were talking

I asked that she'd always keep you protected

She promised you her light

That you so gracefully carry

You bring your light and shine like morning

And then the wind pulls the clouds across the moon

Your light fills the darkest room

And I can see the miracle

That keeps us from falling

She promised all the sweetest gifts

That only the heaven's could bestow

You bring your light and shine like morning

And as you so gracefully give

Her light as long as you live

I'll always remember this moment

 Click here to listen to THE SWEETEST GIFT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger