Tuesday, April 27, 2010

You did not choose me, but I chose you...

Jesus speaking: "You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other." - John 15:16-17

In this passage, we are being told that we were chosen with a purpose: to bear fruit: FRUIT THAT WILL LAST. How do you make fruit last ? You do that by being gentle and leaving lasting impressions. This, however, does not function with FAKE fruit. Fake fruit is plastic, shallow and not edible. It needs to be real and genuine to get the full effect.

If you are lacking the desire to truly be loving toward others and to honor Jesus' instructions as mentioned in the above passage, do not fear; it is normal to feel those things.  Simply ask God to help you to remove any hatred from your heart. In addition, ask God to fill you with the love and peace that will radiate right through you, so much that it will reach out and touch someone.  He expects honesty from us, even if the honesty is something similar to this: "I'm so angry and I hate the world. Ugh ! I do not even feel like praying right now." He prefers that type of communication in the place of phony words. What makes us think that we can get away with altering what is in our hearts ? He already knows what is in our hearts. If you take the step to be honest with God and simply express what is in your heart, guarantee, he will begin to work in your life immediately. The problem is that we do all the talking with the wrong person/people. We need to be addressing God so that in turn he will transform us and we may be able to help others who need the same change.

Jesus also commands us to love one another. This is no small task but one that holds such great rewards.  Again, if you find it impossible to truly love certain people in your life, ask God to renew your mind and heart so that your heart is overflowing with love, patience and kindness. You and those you touch will be blessed.




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjYiEyu8Si8




1 comment:

  1. Funny; I have a commitment coming up one I cannot really avoid. The anticipation of my "surroundings" instantly filled me with dread, anger and anxiety ... please note instantly. I then thought why do I allow people to affect me so negatively? Why have I given them so much "power" better yet "permission" to do so? I stopped right then and there and asked God to give me the peace that only He can provide. Shortly there after I was able to move on and proceed with my day without giving this engagement another thought.

    Loving others is not easy and God knows not one that flows easily for me especially when the records shows that my efforts to be civil have been futile but I shall not be overtaken by them. I know, as always, that in every situation and under all circumstances I can come to my Lord in prayer and He will provide exactly what I need. He has NEVER failed me and his timing is PERFECT.

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger